Sunday, February 8, 2015

Bomb Threats Rock A High School In Baguio City Causing Classes To Be Suspended

A secondary school in Baguio City had no choice but to dismiss classes on Monday after it received bomb threats from a still unidentified sender (or senders). A report for ABS-CBN News by Chuck Tinte stated that at least three teachers from the Philippine Science High School (PSHS) located in barangay Irisan received the bomb threats between 3 and 5 am of the same day. The threats were sent via text messages.

Classes in said school were dismissed at 9 in the morning. Around 300 students were told to evacuate the campus. The school was established in 2009 through the efforts of then Baguio City Congressman Mauricio Domogan who is now the city's Mayor. The school moved to Irisan in May of 2013.

It can be recalled that several schools in Baguio City also received bomb threats last year. The Baguio campus of the University of the Philippines got rocked twice by anonymous message senders claiming that explosives have been planted in one of the buildings in the school's campus. The same thing happened at the main campus of Saint Louis University. Fortunately, all these threats never amounted to anything. Bombs were never found. The calls and messages were all probably the works of pranksters who just had too much time in their hands.
A street in Baguio City. Photo by the Cordilleran Sun.








Write your comments below:

No comments:

Post a Comment